Thursday, December 2, 2010

my little piece of heaven

right after i had sophia, i realized that i had a huge task ahead of me...of many many things
raising sophia, feeding her, keeping her safe, and the biggest one on my mind after the first night was SLEEP
i needed this baby on a good sleeping schedule, so i could be on a good sleeping schedulet
then one of my good friends, sarah, suggested the book "Babywise"
(now i know that this book brings controversy...and i'm not here to debate it right now)
but i read it, and followed it (mostly), and LOVE it
by 10 weeks, sophia was sleeping through the nite
it was wonderful to be able to go to work (most days) and be well rested...or be home and be well rested (most days)
this book helped me through a lot of things that i had absolutely no clue about...solid foods, sleeping schedules, and even manners
all that being said, as sophia continued to sleep through the nite (to our pleasure), i realized that i kind of missed rocking her at nite
when no one but sophia and i are awake...no lights on, no noise, just the rocking chair
at times i think of waking her up just to rock her for 10 minutes (for the record, i don't)
and then, almost like she knows (or God knows), she wakes up every so often and it makes me smile
i walk in there, pick her up, rock her, hum to her, and just sit for 10 minutes (or if i'm feeling really selfish 15 minutes :) )
it is the most wonderful, peaceful feeling in the world

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I feel the same way, especially when Mike is gone for the evening or something. I just want to hold her, sometimes I do, other times she wakes up.

    ReplyDelete