Tuesday, November 17, 2009

genetics

you know those times in your life when you stop and go, "oh crap! that's something my mom (or dad) does!"
what's even worse is when your dad laughs out loud and says "did you just do that? your mom used to do that all the time!"
guess i'm more like my mom than i thought
see, when i am about ready to nurse sophia, i check to see which side is fuller and start her on that side
the way i check is to just test with my arms (so i'm not grabbing myself in public...sorry, but true)
well i guess that's EXACTLY what my mom used to do before she nursed us when we were little...and i guess i do the EXACT same thing that she did
so weird
i know i look like my mom and at times i hear myself say something that sounds just like her too
then i watch john and see things that he does and it is so like his dad
like when john tells a story, he leans forward...if there is a table nearby, he leans on it too
john's dad does this too (it is fun for me to watch and see this :) )
i wonder what parts of me sophia will get?

No comments:

Post a Comment