Tuesday, November 24, 2009

God moments

normally when i go grocery shopping, i am quite organized-list, bags to put groceries in, time it so sophia will be napping, etc
well, today God had other plans
i had a list, and bags, and sophia was close to napping...in fact she fell asleep on the way to our first stop-sherman & lins (our local scratch 'n' dent store)
i usually find most everything i need there..and for cheaper
not today though...i found one whole item on my list
waste of gas if you ask me
so i then headed to aldi's...sophia is still sleeping in her carseat while cuddling her stuffed puppy dog :) so cute and of course i had forgotten my camera at home
i get to aldi''s and all if goshen's amish community seemed to be there...along with the rest of warsaw
i walked in the doors and sophia woke up...but was thankfully happy and cute, so i talked to her as i did my shopping (now i have an excuse to talk to myself :) )
as i found my final items and got in line (which i might add was enormous), two people cut in line as i was getting my now fussy baby out of her carseat
i was slightly annoyed but something about holding a cute little baby girl made me not care that much
when i was done and paid, we went out to the car
sophia continued to be cranky if i put her in the carseat...so i held her (God's idea)
see normally when i shop, i park right next to the cart area so when i'm done i can load her in her carseat and the groceries all in the car, put the cart up, and head home...not today
since she was fussy i held her, put the groceries in the car, and for some odd reason decided to take her along when i put the cart up
as i push the door to the van closed, i then decide to check which pocket i put my keys in...none of them...i locked us out of the car
on a normal day when everything would have gone according to my plan, i would have locked her in her carseat in the car too
God thankfully had a different plan for today and allowed me to only lock my purse and groceries in the car
my mom then came to the rescue with a spare key a little while later and reminded me that thankfully God made me continue holding sophia while i locked the van up
so thank you God for 'messing things up' so that sophia and i weren't crying on opposite sides of the van door in 40 degree weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment