Monday, December 28, 2009

stop and think

for Christmas, my mom got us the book by francis chan 'crazy love'
i started reading it today while everyone is down for their naps (john and leila included)...and i am already humbled by this book
not enough, but it has already gotten me
in the first chapter he has you go to his website www.crazylovebook.com and watch the video 'just stop and think' (it's 15 min and awesome)...so i did
wow! the part that really got me is where he talks about God sending His One and Only Son to die for me...i never fully understood this until i had sophia
i started thinking about it a few months ago when my friend tirza brought up the topic of giving our kids up to God
to be fully honest, i don't know if i could give sophia up...i don't think i could be abraham with isaac
john and i didn't even wait long before we had sophia, it wasn't hard for us to get pregnant...God blessed us there too
but to be asked to give sophia up for the worst of the worst, i couldn't do it, i couldn't
and to realize that God did exactly that...WOW! He sent Jesus to die for me! who slaps Him in the face daily and turns my back on Him
He still did it though; God knew that He would get slapped and rejected and made fun of, but He still sent Jesus to die for me
how humbling...thank you God for loving me that much

No comments:

Post a Comment