Sunday, August 30, 2009

oh for some sleep

so yesterday i started reading the book 'on becoming babywise' which i have heard from everyone who has read it that it will change the way your baby sleeps (meaning more sleep for baby and parents)
well, evidently i have not read enough of it because last night she decided to not sleep until 5 am
we had a late night because we went over to amy's house and watched some movies...where of course she slept and nursed and slept some more...and made me look good
then we got home, and she decided to wake up and stay up, all night
thankfully my wonderful husband walked with her for about an hour
and she liked the rocker...however, not enough to sleep for me until 5 am (on my chest, with me on the couch)
hopefully the book will teach me some tips and help us all get more sleep :)

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I TOTALLY understand about the sleeping. It was by far the biggest parenting challenge for me. I would recommend reading some Elizabeth Pantley or William Sears for more gentle sleep solutions... and you might find this article interesting: http://www.ezzo.info/Aney/aneyaap.htm

    I believe that "Babywise" is the only parenting "method" that the AAP has officially criticised, which is saying an awful lot.

    Best of luck! This WILL pass!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete