Friday, August 14, 2009

shopping post-baby

so i went shopping with my mom and sisters today...and of course the peanut
my sisters crack me up (so does my mom)
here's how: rebekah-cannot stop laughing at herself and things she thinks of, which in turn makes everyone else laugh too...gotta love it...and the girl can pull off any fashion imaginable
kristen-much like me can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere; she also is quite fashionable but could care less...also incredibly generous and unselfish
joanna-she's 13 going on 16 or 20...loves loves loves sophia to death...and in her credit, doesn't get to hold her a ton because the others steal sophia...poor jojo...
mom-well she's along for the ride sometimes but then again, sometimes she's the leader of it all...yard sale queen, gorgeous (almost) 50 year old...who is going to spoil sophia ROTTEN
so those are the lovely ladies sophia and i joined today to go to the mall
thankfully they all fight over sophia, which in turn allowed me to try on clothes
i finally found a pair of skinny jeans that fit me...post-baby :) oh skinny jeans, how i missed you
then we go into victoria secret and they asked if i wanted a bra...'they are on a great sale'
well, now that i'm nursing, the 'sexy/fashionable' bras don't quite work...so off to motherhood maternity (who despite their high prices on clothes have good deals on bras)
we then went to panera...thanks mom for treating
then to babies 'r' us for tirza's gift...which barely fit in the car
then to target...where bekah spent all her time in the $1 bin, kristen in the college/school stuff, and mom picking out stuff that sophia will 'one day use at nanna's house' (like a sno-cone machine...where was she when i wanted one of those???)
now we are pooped...me, figuratively and sophia, well actually
time to do laundry, get read for tirza's shower, and SLEEP :)

1 comment:

  1. So funny! My mom and I went shopping a week after Margo was born and I was a nervous wreck that she would have some crazy meltdown that I couldn't control but she did great, slept the whole time and I got a nice meal at Panera Bread too. I'm glad that you got some fun girl time in and hope you got to relax after all that too! ;)

    ReplyDelete