Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the effect of a grandchild


i may have already said this somewhere in a past blog, but my mom is babysitting for us...THANKS MOM!!! she is awesome!!!
it puts me at ease so much knowing that i am dropping off sophia to a trusted and loving person who loves her more than anyone i know (other than john and i :) )
i was dreading it i admit, even though it was with my mom
but i don't even feel like i have to call and check up on them...i do of course but i know i don't have to :)
and let me tell you what, since having sophia, i am starting to see that i think the only reason people have children is so that one day they can have grandchildren...it is true
i've never seen my parents get like this...i didn't know it was possible for them to get even crazier!
sophia will never ever need clothes-believe me! in fact, i'm not sure how she will wear everything she has now...maybe if we change outfits three times a day
then there's the meeting us at the car
man, they barely used to open the door for john and i...now we pull up and someone is waiting outside for us
not kidding, i pulled up to their house one time and my dad was waiting outside, joanna heard us and ran out the front door and my dad says 'jo i was waiting out here for her'
it reminded me of when you're a kid and you want to sit in the front seat and you tell your sibling, 'i was waiting first'
it made john and i laugh so hard
it also makes me realize how much they love me...i mean if they love sophia this much, they must love me and my siblings at least a little bit
and as i hold sophia and get so excited over the little things she does, i can't imagine loving anyone (besides john) more than i love her
needless to say, it has been fun having a little girl and watching the effect she has on her grandparents

No comments:

Post a Comment