Sunday, September 6, 2009

biggest scare of my life

last night, after hanging out with family all day and having a blast, i was getting ready to feed sophia and head to bed
diaper changed, pajamas on, etc
well, her stomach (and mine) have been upset today so i decided to give her some gripe water before she ate (gripe water has ginger, chamomile, and fennel in it and seems to really help)
she took the first 1ml fine, so i gave her another...and she choked and stopped breathing
she turned bugged eyed, red cheeks, purple lips, etc
scared me to death
i pounded her back, turned her over and did back thrusts like you're supposed to
i even tried the little bulb syringe in her mouth...nothing
so i'm crying, running around to get my keys and phone (john was at a friend's)
i get in the car, still pounding on her back and driving with the other hand
thankfully God was watching out and helped her to breath on our way to the ER and kept my way clear (of cops and other stops) as i ran every stop sign and light in between here and the ER
we got to the ER, were taken back quick, and checked out
ps i ran out of the house so fast, i had no shoes on...thankfully amelia loves me and let me borrow hers...i don't recommend going barefoot in hospitals (especially ERs)
she's fine...100% oxygen saturation on room air (which is perfect)
her x-ray was ok too...
and then she decided to get hungry...so she ate and is again sleeping and doing fine
i may not sleep at all tonight but she's ok
and john did go get me the carseat so i was not britney spears on the way home :)
anyway, thankfully God was watching out for us al
l

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rach, I am SO sorry you had to go through that. God is so good to protect Sophia. I hope you get the years and gray hairs back that I'm sure you got from this whole ordeal - I guess that's what moms are for - helping their kids to survive ! :o/

    ReplyDelete