Wednesday, September 9, 2009

second guessing

so you know how in life you second guess yourself? and you know it probably doesn't matter that much because it's just you
or when you get married, it's you and your husband, but usually you can explain yourself and your second guessing
well, when you have a kid, the second guessing gets worse, way worse
sophia has been having stomach gurgling and not pooping for a few days since she was born...but it seems to have gotten worse in the last few days
but maybe not, i'm not sure
i'm trying a bottle with her each day so when i go back to work my mom doesn't have trouble feeding her
she seemed to be doing okay with the bottle and i gave her one every few days
today was an odd day though...she was a little cranky yesterday and cried so hard she wouldn't take her bottle
so i breastfed her
then today she cried here and there and would only be consoled on my chest or in her vibrating chair
i tried the bottle again after she slept for 2 hours (kinda odd during the day)...she only took like one ounce
then she slept for another hour or so and took 3 ounces over an hour and a half every once and awhile...but cried after a few sips...i burped and burped and burped her
but she just seemed fussy
then after she finally took the bottle, she slept for nearly 3 hours
i don't know...maybe she hates the bottle now (which isn't good)
maybe she's just cranky today
maybe she's sick :(
i don't know...but we have an appointment next week...and i hate second guessing myself when it's my child
hopefully tomorrow is better or at least a little more normal

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried eliminating dairy? I know this helped Ashley w/ Margo, and think it's a pretty common issue with babies these days, for whatever reason. It's so sad to see them suffer-- I hope you get to the bottom of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bethany-yeah, i am starting to try that
    it's just odd to me because sometimes she gets fussy when eating and other times not...i know spicy foods are not her thing right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constance had a lot of digestive problems when she was very young, though hers manifested w/ very runny poop and chronic diaper rash-- I was never able to find out why. I considered eliminating dairy but I never actually went through with it, and she *did* eventually stop having the problems when I have her probiotics. We used the bioGaia kind, and I think they were VERY helpful for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I definitely feel for you. I used the bioGaia probiotics Bethany talked about and while Margo still had the milk protein allergy with it, it seemed to help heal her digestive track so that we were able to narrow it down to only a milk protein allergy and not other foods as well. I'll be praying for you because I know how frustrating and exhausting it can be to try to find out what to do! :)

    ReplyDelete