Saturday, September 5, 2009

the things i swore would never happen

so there were some things in life i swore i would never ever do...or have done to me
and i am starting to think that motherhood is going to make them all happen to me
here are some examples:
1-i would never choose comfort over fashion...yeah that flew out the window when i got pregnant
2-i would never place my hand on my child's chest or finger under her nose to make sure she was still breathing...done that too
3-i would not care about someone's bowel movements...check that one daily too (or every 3 days as she likes to do)
4-i would not wear my pajamas all day...have to confess i have done that numerous times with her lately
5-most importantly i swore i would NEVER EVER EVER get spit up in my mouth...i mean who throws their child up in the air right after eating? well, i didn't throw her up in the air at all but after she ate today, as i was moving her up onto my shoulder to burp, she burped mid-move onto my chest, shirt, arm, face, and my lip
oh it was gross...thankfully it didn't get way in my mouth but gross gross gross
so i am taking back all the things i swore i wouldn't do or have done in hopes of them not happening to me...hopefully sophia will pick up on this new thought pattern i have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment